Saturday, May 19, 2007

All wrapped up





I got this blog started a little latter then my sisters were hoping. For a decent reason though! I've been all wrapped up in string! My most recent art involves the imagery of string. That imagery has taken on a symbolic meaning for me, in part due to a quote by C.S. Lewis

"A wrong sum can be put right but only by going back till you find the error and working it afresh from that point, never by simply going on. Evil can be undone, but it cannot 'develope' into good, time does not heal it. The spell must be unwound bit by bit...."

So, we've got to untie and untangle those knots or wrong sums. If we don't we'll all end up in a big tangled mess!

2 comments:

No Big Dill said...

We are HUGE fans, and so excited that you've started a blog, Shlee. We think the Bakers are among the best people on earth. We are anxious to see more artwork, and more quadruple chins. Keep up the great blogging, eh?

Jordan said...

Mmmmm...I can smell those goods from here!! We are also devoted fans. So glad to have some direct access to the Bakers.